Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oh Boy

Poor thing got his circumcision today. Nathan came with me thank goodness. I was in for the how to take care of it talk. The doctor started getting ready for the procedure and brought in this tray with the outline of a baby and straps for both legs. When I saw it and said it was time for me to go. I was waiting outside the door listening to him cry. Shortly after the doctor came out and I asked if it was over and he said "I was just cleaning his belly button." Well that eased my nerves. Nathan said it was pretty hard to watch but Owen wasn't crying. Stuff like this always reminds me of that General Conference talk when the speaker asked the mothers if they would ever do anything to hurt their children. He's answer surprised a lot of people when he said "Of course you would." His point was that if it is in their best interest you would, like immunizations or saying no. Goodness it's still hard.

No comments: