Saturday, February 26, 2011

3yr Old Fairy Party


So I had been planning Nahlia's birthday party since she turned 2 and the Nemo party didn't happen. Part of that is because when it was going to be a fairy party I knew I wanted to make a lot of stuff for it so I wanted to start early. We are lucky enough to have friends that would let us have it in their backyard. For some reason whenever I try to rearrange the pictures they get deleted so these are in a random order, sorry. Mimi, Papa, Uncle B and GG where able to come out and helped a lot. At this point in my pregnancy I got tried very easily so I'm so grateful they could be there.
This pic is a reminder of I though was the funniest thing that happened. Nahlia had been opening presents, she was doing really well giving thank you hugs and being patient when all of a sudden she got overwhelmed stood up grabbed all the presents she could fit in her little arms and said "Ok I'm ready lets go" and tried to leave. I had her finish opening and saying thank you and by then people where leaving and all chaos broke out. I packed all the present back up, Nahlia picked them all up, posed for this picture (she wasn't happy I stopped her), and headed to the car. Nathan followed her out, helped in to the car and they left. Pretty much all of the guest where gone so it wasn't rude or anything and I just laughed.

Thank you hugs

It had been windy at the party so we light them again at home so she could blow them out.
Family presents at the house after.

Getting her fair face make up on.
These are the greatest girls from our ward that came and did the face painting and finger nail polishing. Two of them came out as fairies and danced and played with the kids.
Reading a fairy book.
Party food
Has to have her nails painted just her way.

I had made these little mushrooms for a fair circle to sit around and wish for fairies to come and they DID!!!
After party
Thank you hug
Thank you hug
This is Kyler. They have crushes on each other.
All the mommies.
Attempting birthday candles.

Getting pixie dusted.
So when the girls came in they got a skirt, wand, wings, and crowns, oh and little flower rings and got their faces and nails painted. The boys got swords. Because the party was so girly we weren't going to have boys but Nahlia insisted that Kyler was invited. They got pirate mustaches painted on. They also didn't care at all about any of the activities and just wanted to play swords. Nahlia sometimes seemed like she only wanted a sword and didn't really want to wear her outfit.
I had picked up her cake and cupcakes the day before and she wanted them really bad and I kept telling her she had to wait until her birthday party. So when she arrived at the party she wouldn't put her out on, cried when people tried to talk to her or even just looked at her and she hide behind me. I brought her into the house and gave her a cupcake. She was an angel after.

1 comment:

Sara Ann said...

That was the BEST party! Thanks for inviting us, Syd still likes to wear her fairy outfit and wave her wand around:)