Saturday, May 8, 2010

Easter

Nahlia and I spent Easter in Cali because it was the weekend before the wedding. It was sad Nathan wasn't there because we were in Cali for Easter last year too but both times he would have had to work. So I took a break from wedding planning and in between my parents working we went to my Aunt Aprils house to have an Easter egg hunt with Aleen and her kids Lea, Jonah, and Micah.Keeping the eggs warm.Pre Easter egg hunt bounceHuntingEnjoyingThey were so cute sharing and trading and having fun together. This was eater morning. She got a play dough set. I finally gave in. I don't know why but I just pictured disastrous things but it's been a really great indoor activity. She likes to play with daddy more than mommy but that's ok with me. She also got a really cute back pack that says I Love Dance and this flower petal head band that quickly became a lion's mane from MiMi.
She really liked the peeps That weekend was also General Conference. It was hard to watch with Nahlia and when I was watching it, it was hard to pay attention or at least enough to really concentrate on what the spirit wanted to tell me, so I've been reading it all (and not just the ones that look interesting or by my "favorite" speakers.) I'm so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge I've had since I was a child. The beautiful simplicity of it humbles me and reminds me to not complicate it because of temporary earthly thing.
Later that week it was Travis Taylor's surprise birthday party. It was Nahlia's first experience with a pinata (note worthy I think). She didn't really get it. She did hit it but when candy came out she could care less. Kyle and I were like "GET IT GET IT" and she'd just stand there so Uncle Kyle got some for her but she still wasn't that interested. She did how ever like the hat and was the last child to wear the hat while hitting the pinata.

Kyle was asked me to go with him so he didn't have to go alone and so then I debated about bringing Nahlia because I didn't know if it was a kid party or not, so we left her with grandpa. Then we get there and its only Travis' close married friends (so kyle would have been totally out of place had he gone alone) and their 15 kids that were playing on a tramp, swing set, and many other various cool toys so we went back and got Nahlia. We thought it was pretty hilarious.

No comments: