Saturday, February 6, 2010

So Far in Vegas

Well we've been here for about 3 weeks now and there are no more boxes in the living room and dining room. We haven't started decorating yet but I have a few ideas, purple and green for the living room and blue and green in the dining room. For the first time we have no complaints about where we live. That might be a little sad but I'm pretty sure its true. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we know we are going to live here so our attitude is different, whereas everywhere else was just temporary so we nit picked at it. The ward has a lot of young families, everyone either has one young child and one on the way or one around Nahlia's age and one older. The RS has a sign up on the role to let them know when your due date is. I thought that was funny. We've been to the park playgroup and there are a ton of kids. Nahlia is still a little independent when it comes to playing but there are quite a few older kids and a good amount of younger kids so she's getting to interact a lot still. There are also a hand full of Ute fans in the ward. The first Sunday we were there, in Priesthood Nathan was outed about being a Ute fan, so they get right down to it.
We've done a few activities so far. We walked the strip the first weekend. The second weekend we went to Red Rock. It was awesome. Its basically the side of a small mountain that is deep dark red and there are trails all over the place. I had pictures but I left my disposable camera at the park and it wasn't there when I went to look for it. But we'll be going again. Nate as an old friend here right now, he and his family live on the other side of the hill in Henderson. We met up with them at Chuck-E-Cheese on night. Nathan and I decided we want to win something big so we're going to save up our tickets. Also their little daughter Josie just turn one and they had a birthday party for her. It was mostly older boys so it turned in to a small war in the living room, Nathan and I against all the boys. That's was exciting.
That's about all that's happened so far. Just looking forward to seeing Kyle next week. I love that kid.
Sorry no pictures. I was going to get a new one but Nathan registered the car and it was $400, $300 more than we thought so its going to have to wait.

1 comment:

erin said...

glad you guys are enjoying vegas!