Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Vow To Do Better

Nahlia 18 months

At a recent visit to my brother's house, Erin, my sister-in-law proudly presented me with her 2008 blog post beautifully bound in a hard cover book. It shamed me. So today I pledge to be a better record keeper for my family.

Last week Nahlia turned 18 months and she is a talker.

Nate and I finally counted all the words she can say and she is up to 28. She actually added one today. There were two baby blessing in our ward today and through both of them Nahlia practiced saying baby over and over. In no particular order:
Mama or Mum
Dada
Baba or bogle
Hand
Come
Gone
Done
Shark
Doggie
Duck
No
Hey
Yeah or Yes
Johny - her cousin
Car
Coco - cookie
Ball
Side - outside
On
Up
Baby
Eye
Hi or High
Bye
Hot
Momo - Nemo
Help Me
Apple
I forgot a few in the original post and apple is new today too. We were doing laundry at grandma's, they have a ton of tomatoes and Nahlia was calling them apples and when grandpa let her throw them they became balls.

7 comments:

Aleena said...

Wow! Nahlia is quite the mini-Carly!!! She is so beautiful and really turning into a little girl - No more baby!

Katie said...

What a cute little girl you guys have! She is saying so many words already. I hope we get to keep seeing your cute posts in the future. Tell Nate hi for us!

Erin said...

Yay Carly is back!!! I'm glad to hear it, I miss you babe. And you have got one gorgeous little girl there! You guys staying in Houston for a while?

Grafulas said...

Your daughter totally reminds me of one of my nieces--CUTE, love the little curls :) Anyway, yeah parallel living companion, what's this about a blog book? How does one obtain such an item? I'm mostly depressed about the videos, so I'm going to attempt to re-download them to the computer...*ugh* and WHEN are you coming to OKC?!

erin said...

woohoo! im so glad my book motivated you, i thought it might :)

Richard and Michelle said...

Oh my! She's so cute! She looks so much bigger than in the previous post. I should really get on the ball too, I haven't posted for a long time. We need to see you guys.

Scottie and Angie said...

WOW I am glad you are back into it!!! I am excited to be blogging buds!!! I have miss you.
loves,
angie