Monday, January 12, 2009

Snow Angel

So Nahlia gets so board being inside all day but she didn't have any snow clothes until Mimi and Grandpa gave her a snow suit for Christmas. Isn't she so cute. I've never seen her so content just siting there in the snow. I was nervous the whole time because I wasn't sure if it was water proof or not but I worried for nothing because she was completely dry when I took her out of it. If you didn't know my sister Laura is living with us now and this was the first snow since she's been here. I've been begging Nate to build a snowman with me, basically since the first snow, and we finally did last week. I tried to do it by myself but I couldn't do it. Nate is so good at building snowmen so after watching him I started to make the middle section but Nahlia took it over. She kept taking the smallest little pieces of snow and eating them. I don't think she actually got any in her mouth though.
Nate putting the head on.

He's not quite finished yet but we took a picture because Nate and Nahlia where going in. He looked way better than this after Laura and I shaped him. But sadly he didn't make it through the night. I found him decapitated the next morning. So Sad. Like I said before Nahila gets so bored being in all day, she's turned our table and chairs in to a little jungle gym.
Probably one of the most exciting things in life is watching Nahlia learn to walk. She took her first steps at church the Sunday before Christmas. I didn't get to see it because I was in sacrament meeting and Nate had her out in the lobby where apparently she took three steps and then fell. The only reason I believed him was because another parent was out there and said he wasn't lying.


11 comments:

taryn said...

That video is the cutest thing ever! She such a good little walker :) And it is adorable how excited everyone is for her, and even more adorable how excited she gets!

erin said...

goooooo nahliaaa!!!

grafulas said...

She is SO cute, and that snow suit looks great one her. We bought Geryn sn outfit, but it's been in like the 60s and 70s so there's no chance to wear it... That's a pretty impressive snowman. I could never figure out how to get the snow to stick right.

Scottie and Angie said...

That is so excited she is walking...good for her. I loved seeing the snow pics, i am amazed that she loved it so much. That is excited about Laura, how long will she be living with you?
angie

Katie said...

What a doll! She is such a good little walker. I loved the snowman by the way. I can't believe that someone decapitated him duirng the night. Looks like fun at the Stewart household as usual :)

Aleena said...

Wow look at all that snow! It's been in the upper 70's all week here! I love it! But the snow can be fun! That was a big snowman - awesome! Nahlia is growing up so fast! How fun to watch her learning to walk - she's pretty fast! Love you guys! You too Laura!

Mother of Three said...

Nahlia looks so big! The snow makes me miss it a little! I bet it's fun to just walk outside, play and then go back into the warm house. Say hi to Laura for me!

Michelle said...

Cute!! How old is she? I built my first snowman a few weeks ago, it was way harder than I thought it would be! I found your blog address on your facebook. Mine's www.kondelfamily.blogspot.com

Holly said...

Oh my gosh I cannot believe she is walking! Time FLYS by!!! I hope all is well with you guys!

Jen K said...

Hey it's cousin Jen, send me an email to kjk_keyes@hotmail.com and I will invite you to our blog (it's private). I just noticed Janica has you on hers so I've been checking yours out today. nahlia is getting so big, she's darling!

giff, jenna, & maddox nielsen said...

i'm totally busted! i dont have to tell you this but i will! ive seen this post but i guess i never left a comment! hahahahahahaha! its not because i didnt love it, cuz i did! i love seeing her walk, she is good and im sure by now she is amazing! i also loved the part about you making nate build the snowman with you! youre such a kid! i love it! remember that time that we went skiing and it was raining and james was a total baby and wouldnt ski cuz he was too cold. he wore my moms jacket with the fur on the hood and we died laughing cuz back then those coats were just for girls! who would have thought that years later those would be totally in style for gangstas! haha! anyway, even though it was freezing and raining we stayed out until the slopes closed and everyone cheered for us when we went into the lodge! anyway, my favorite is the pic of nahlia climbing in and out of those chairs! the look on her face is priceless! that takes some major coordination, strength, determination! what a cutie! anyway, i love the post and ill be better at leaving comments since thats twice now youve caught me reading without commenting! ill be honest, ive been reading lots of blogs without commenting! dont tell!