Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas May Have Come and Gone . . .

but the best is yet to be!
That's not really how that saying goes but I can't remember the first part. I don't remember where I first heard that, "the best is yet to be", for some reason I've heard or seen it a lot the last few weeks and I'm in love with it. What a great saying. I keep saying it to my self when I look at the year ahead with so much unknown and it helps me stay optimistic and enduring to make each day better than the last for me and my loved ones.
Its a Stewart tradition for Grandma to bring jars of change it the Christmas party. The grandchildren up to age 20 get to put one hand in and grab as much as they can and they get to keep what doesn't fall out. This year was Nahlia first attempt and she got to go first since she was the youngest. She was able to get four quarts in that tiny little hand, which I thought was very impressive. As you can tell in this pic she looks very focused.

She liked it so much she had a fight when I tried to take her away. I can't blame her I like shiny things too.
Later, Dave pulled all the kids around in the snow with the tracker.
That's Nate snow surfing on a knee board.Nahlia got stared when all the kids started screaming so we went around on our own little sled behind the other kids and think that was the most fun she has ever had in her life. She wouldn't sit down, she just kept jumping and giggling. It was so funny. The next day Nahlia and I went to Cali to my parents house. Note all the bows and ornaments on the floor. She pulled all the bows off and used the presents as supports to get the the tree. We meet up with Nate, Erin and James, and GG and GBaby in the city. This is the Macy*s tree in Union Square. In case you're wondering that's the Ute sign Nate is throwing. While we waited for Santa Nahlia did a little shopping. Nates in really trouble because I think she likes it as much as I do. So Nahlia did fine with Santa but I have to say he freaked me out a little bit. It was hilarious because the there where 10 of use all huddled in the corner watching one precious little girl. Christmas Day!!!! (6:00 am) please no one remind Nate that I woke him up that early. I love this picture. It was a wonderful morning.
This is just a random pic from Cali but its a great two in one pic of Nahlia drooling and Nate making a funny face. We all went ice skating. This is Nate showing off some of his groovy moves.


It was such a fun night. I was so proud I didn't fall. This is Nahlia the day we got back home. I let her have a piece of red vines. Its save to say she likes red vines.


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and have made it safely back home. I know Nate's ended with a Sugar Bowl blow out. (well almost). GO UTES!!!!

5 comments:

erin said...

it was indeed a great christmas in cali! i will be sure to bring liquorish over anytime i have beef with the stewarts! i wont clean nahlia up either.

Erin said...

Looks like u guys had a wonderful christmas! You look fabulous Carly and so does your beautiful family. Come down and see our new little man when u can, I can't wait to show him off!

Scottie and Angie said...

Carly, I loved seeing all of your Christmas pics.... thanks for sharing. It is so very fun to see pics of your small family. I love knowning what you are up to, and it makes me happy to know you are happy and doing well. PS you look beautiful.
luv ya
angie

Katie said...

I can't believe how big Nahlia is getting. Is she walking too? It looks like it from the pictures! Looks like a fun holiday season.

Mother of Three said...

Nahlia is too cute! And she looks so big standing up! We missed seeing you guys Christmas Eve but it looks like you had a good Christmas! Take care!